Just south of Charles Square is Charles University’s botanical garden. It was founded in 1775, and actually moved from Smíchov district to its present site in 1898. It is the Czechs’ oldest botanical garden. The steep, hillside garden concentrates on Central European flora and is especially pretty in spring.
Location: Viničná 7 (entrances on Viničná and Vyšehradská); admission free; open 9am-6pm