No posts to display
Hladová zeď (The Hunger Wall) is a medieval defence wall built on Petřín Hill between 1360 and 1362 by order of Charles IV. The wall is about 6 metres high and 2 metres wide and spans some 1,200 metres. Once a defensive structure is now a small wall running from Újezd across Petřín Park to Strahov. When construction began in 1360, The Hunger Wall provided employment for starving people (hence the name).
Location: Petrin Hill