Just a few hundred metres from Prague Castle across the square from the Loreto is the expansive facade of Černín Palace. It is Prague’s largest Baroque palace with a facade stretching the entire length of Loretanske Square (measuring an astounding 150m). Built in the 17th and 18th centuries as the …Read More »
Dominating the Hraddany, Cernin Palace is Prague’s largest baroque palace, which was constructed from 1669 to 1720. This 150-metre-long palace was restored to its original design in 1918. During World War II the palace was the seat of the Reich Protector. Jan Masaryk, Minister of Foreign Affairs and son of T. G. Masaryk, lived and worked in the Cernin Palace but one day in 1948, the year of the Communist coup, he was found dead under his window. The cause of his death is still a mystery. The palace is situated close to the Loreto. Today Cernin Palace is home to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Location: Loretánské náměstí 5, Hradčany
Open: Not open to the public
In Czech: Černínksý Palác