The Jewish Town Hall (Židovská radnice), dating from 1577, is an astonishing building with a distinctive green steeple. This synagogue was originally built by Maisel but was rebuilt later as its current baroque structure dating from 1763. Its rococo façade was added in the 18th century and is crowned by a fine tower and two clocks with Hebrew figures whose hands run backwards because Hebrew reads from right to left. Only the Kosher Eatery is open to the public. The synagogue is closed and today is the seat of the Chief Rabbi.