The Jewish Town Hall is currently home to the Federation of Jewish Religious Communities in Bohemia and Moravia and the Jewish Religious Community in Prague. It was created out of the renovation of the original town hall of Maisel, a contemporary of Rabbi Löw and a man of inordinate wealth and discriminating taste. Pankras Roder founded it in the late 16th century. It is one of the few such buildings in central Europe to survive the Holocaust. The Baroque remodelling of the town hall was carried out by the architect Josef Schlesinger in 1763. On the roof of the building stand a wooden turret and a clock with Hebrew figures whose hands turn anti-clockwise.