The smaller tower, a Romanesque structure, dates back to the 12th century, while its current Renaissance shape is from 1591. The higher tower is from 1464, and its late Gothic architecture draws upon the Parléř’s Old Town Bridge Tower. The gate between the towers was constructed in the early 15th century. The higher tower houses the “On the Bridge About the Bridge” permanent exhibition, detailing the history of Charles Bridge. During the summer months, a branch of the Prague Information Service tourist information centre is open here and organises guided tours too.
Location: Lesser Town, Charles Bridge
Getting there: Metro A – station Staroměstská, Tram 17, 18 – stop Karlovy lázně
Opening hours: daily, Mar & Oct 10-22, Nov – Feb 10-20, Apr – Sep 10-23
Admission: Adult 70 CZK, admission free with Prague Card
In Czech: Staroměstská mostecká věž