No posts to display
This fine neo-Renaissance building was constructed between 1876 and 1884 to the designs of Josef Schulz and Josef Zitek. Originally intended as a concert hall and art gallery, the Rudolfinum was used during the interwar years as the seat of the Czech Parliament (before eventually being shut down by the Nazis). Today, following restoration, the Rudolfinum once again fulfils its original purpose, being widely acknowledged as Prague’s premier concert hall.
The Rudolfinum Gallery offers prestigious exhibition space for renowned international artists as well as upcoming local talents. Specializing in modern visual arts, the Rudolfinum’s exhibitions are widely publicized, well-attended events, which also regularly include seminars, evening viewings and special-interest activities for schools.
Location: Alsovo nabrezi 12, Prague 1
Opening hours: Open daily from 10 am -6 pm. Mondays closed.
Directions: Metro line A to Staromestska stop, Tram 17,18 to Staromestska stop.