This church, the oldest in the Little Quarter, was founded in the 1100s. Its name refers to the chain used in the Middle Ages to close the monastery gatehouse. A Gothic presbytery was added in the 13th century and two massive square towers dominating the surrounding area since then. In 1640 the church was given a Baroque appearance by Carlo Lurago. Two towers now contain some of the most prized apartments in Prague.
Location: Lázeňská, Lesser Town
Open: only for concerts and services Sat, Sun
In Czech: Kostel Panny Marie pod řetězem