Founded in 1347 by Charles IV, Church Our Lady of the Snows was supposed to be the second largest religious monument, right after the St Vitus Cathedral but because of Hussite war it was never completed on that scale. In 1603 the completed choir was restored to the Franciscans and given a baroque face-lift and a new vaulted ceiling. All that remains of the 14th-century church are the crumbling pediment over the north gateway and the pewter font. The Franciscan Gardens are now a public park. Church is popular for its tombs, where many famous Czechs rest.
Location: Jungmannovo něměstí 18, New Town; www.pms.ofm.cz
Open: Daily 7-7. Mass: Mon—Fri 7am, 8am and 6pm, Sat 8am and 6pm, Sun 9am, 10.15am, 11.30am and 6pm.
Evening concerts: tickets at the door
Other names: Church of The Snow Virgin Mary; Kostel Panny Marie Sněžné